Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Post Falls Idaho
Full time, 40 hours per week
Job open until filled
Mechanics are an essential part of operations at Plummer Forest Products, ensuring that all rolling stock is maintained and kept in proper working condition.
• Troubleshoot vehicle condition through inspections and diagnostics to identify and repair/replace worn or damaged components.
• Completes preventative maintenance according to designated schedules.
• Analyses, diagnoses, and repairs all deficiencies in vehicle systems and system components.
• Takes responsibility and ownership for knowledge, continual education, and craftsmanship of all aspects of the job.
• Read, understand, and apply schematics and manuals to job related tasks.
• Minimum of four years mechanic work required. Mechanic work on industrial rolling stock, diesel, and electrical systems preferred.
• Strong safety skills and a desire to lead others in working safely.
• Organized, self-motivated and able to work with no supervision.
• Strong mechanical aptitude.
• Fabrication, welding, and cutting skills.
• Troubleshooting and preventative maintenance experience.
• Ability to work in a physically demanding environment, including climbing and heavy lifting.
• Be willing to work weekends, holidays (if needed), and under adverse weather conditions.
Our benefits include:
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• Short and long term disability insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid vacation
• Paid holidays.
Download the PDF version of the job description below